Showcase National Dance Championships, Australia’s largest dance competition, has teamed up with J.O. International Productions to launch a new competition level for pre-professional dancers from 19 to 21 years of age. The program is designed to help kick start the winner’s professional dance career in the US and/or UK.
Breaking into an international career is one of the hardest journeys a dancer can make, but what if you could make that transition easier? What if you could meet the right connections and networks to help make your dream a reality? What if you could gain exposure, build you profile, receive help with your immigration and work visa’s and be managed through the entire process? The ProAm Dancer of the Year award will help provide just that.
“This is a must for any dancer looking for an international career and the kind of launching pad every performer dreams about,” said Jessica Orcsik, JOIP Director, who is the visionary behind the new award.
As creator of Showcase, Peter Oxford said, “The ProAm prize is a great opportunity for those who have grown up through Showcase to be able to further continue their dance career and prosper on an international scale.”
“There is no greater achievement or drive for a performer than establishing an international career!” added Orcsik. Over the past few years, my company and I have strived to create opportunities for performers to assist in the pursuit of these very dreams. With special thanks to Showcase and Peter Oxford, JOIP can again offer a young dancer an opportunity of a lifetime. I am so thrilled and excited to come back to Australia from the US and see what new talent is out there and who will be the next rising star!”
Dance Informa is proud to sponsor the ProAm Dancer of the Year, with feature interviews in both the Australian and US magazines – giving the dancer valuable national and international media coverage.
The total ProAm Dancer of the Year prize includes:
• 20 Class Pass at Broadway Dance Center, NYC
• $250 Capezio Gift Voucher to be retrieved at Flagship Store in NYC
• Capezio & Time Square Photo shoot with winner in NYC
• 2 x Feature articles with international magazine Dance Informa
• Meeting with US Talent Agent Lakey Wolff of CESD Agency
• Meeting with international immigration experts Visapaq to begin O1 Visa proceedings
• Choreographed piece by Jessica Orcsik to be filmed overseas and aired internationally.
• 20 Class Pass to train with Dance London including Membership & classes at Pineapple Dance Studios and Studio 68.
• Private master classes
• Weekly sessions with programme facilitator and top industry experts to expand knowledge on all aspects of the industry
• FREE membership to Talent Cast online casting site and Audition and Performance opportunities
• Meeting with Top UK Talent Agent
• Career mentoring and personal management with JOIP and Jessica Orcsik for 1 month
Interested dancers need to qualify with two solos at a Showcase regional event. They then need to register in the “Dancer of the Year” ProAm category for Nationals. Registration is done online at www.showcasedance.com and full rules and requirements will be emailed to you upon registration. At Showcase Nationals in January 2015, shortlisted dancers will be required to compete in another solo.
If you have any questions make sure to email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.